Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Off my Lazy Streak!!!

Ok, so its been some time since my last post, two weeks exactly. I think I have just been over consumed by running, work, life, events, and laziness. I am telling you its been non-stop and then when I finally get a break its consumed by long runs, cleaning, and online surfing. Lately, despite my enjoyment for running, running seems like a task, only because long runs take up half the day. However, I am still super motivated and even more so since we finally booked the hotel for race weekend WHOO HOO! I realized throughout all my posts I never mentioned which Marathon I am running. Well here it is: The Rock and Roll Suntrust Marathon in Washington DC.


I have to say I am super excited and super scared all at the same time. The date for the race is March 17th and it seems the day is quickly approaching. I cant believe it is already February 7th, me o my, where has the time gone. In addition, when I just looked at the website the course map has been loaded, which makes me even more nervous. I will admit I have never been to Washington DC and I am not familiar with the terrain. But hey, sometimes it is better to enter the unknown.


The purple and red lines make up the marathon course.


So lets discuss training. On January 28th, which was two Saturdays ago I headed out for my longest run to date  18 miles. Like i have said before I do not map out the miles before I run. But because I run the same paths i know more or less how many miles they are and add them together to complete that days mileage. So sad to say I came in a little short. i ran 17.78 miles, and I have to say my legs could barely go anymore, but that was 100% my fault. I missed my Friday morning run and did not want to miss it completely. So at about 8 pm Friday night I headed out for an 8 mile run. And then headed out for my 18 mile run at 10 am Saturday morning. So I ran 25.78 miles within 14 hours, not my smartest idea. However, I averaged an 8:34 min miles on Saturday so not to bad. And i guess the positive outlook is that.it gave me a little insight of what race day may feel like. But thank God I have been equipped with extreme motivation to finish what I set out to do.



Outdoor fun and sugar overload:
Yesterday despite how tired I was from the staying out late for the Superbowl. I went to bed at about 1:45 am only to get up at 5:15am. However, I felt guilty from my sugar consumption. I went a little overboard. I had a mini homemade personal apple pie, a slice of chocolate mousse cake , and a brownie. I just wish I didn't love chocolate so much, but I do!!!! I have been craving sugar the past two days but have been trying to limit it after my sugar downfall. But let me just say the chocolate mousse cake was incredible I could have eaten half the cake if I let myself. It had white chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse, and chocolate cake, covered in chocolate ganache. O man just thinking about it makes me smile haha.
It looked similar to this
( I really need to get better at the whole remembering to take pictures of things before they are gone)

Anyway after my run I did an outdoor leg workout that felt great it pretty much consisted of walking lunges around a handball court, squats alternating squat jumps, donkey kicks, and step ups. I really enjoyed the change, and I am hoping to continue the outdoor fun and do an outdoor cross training workout on Thurs.

There are a couple of things I would like to discuss but I will save that for a past later this week. As I need to review some notes and head to bed.


Here's a run down of my past two weeks of training, as well as the training plan for this week:


Marathon Training: Week 8 update;
Mon- 5 miles (5.6 miles- 49:15 )
Tues- 8 miles (8.35 miles- 1:09:20)
Wed- 5 miles (5.8 miles- 49:38)
Thurs- cross train (yoga)
Fri- 8 miles (8.38 miles- 1:10:40) 8pm
Sat- 18 miles (17.78 miles- 2:32:15) 10am
Sun- rest  

Marathon Training: Week 9 ( plan and update all in one) :
Mon- 5 miles (5.82miles- 50:05 )
Tues- 5 miles (5.82miles- 47:38)
Wed- 5 miles (5.2 miles- 50:03)
Thurs- cross train
Fri- 8 miles (1:05:50)
Sat- 13 miles (1:43.30- I did a little under 13 miles)
Sun- rest 


Marathon Training: Week 10
Mon- 5 miles (5.82miles- 43.37 and outdoor leg workout)
Tues- 8 miles (5.82miles- 47:38)
Wed- 5 miles 
Thurs- cross train
Fri- 5 miles 
Sat- 20 miles 
Sun- rest 


(What I actually did) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...