Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Marathon Training- Week 6 ahhhhhhhhh!

Well, I have approached week 8 of my marathon training and can I say I am a bit afraid. This week starts the big girl training, its time to suck it up and keep going. According to my training plan I was suppose to run a half marathon this Saturday. Lucky for me, there just happened to be one in central park.Unlucky for me, by the time I found it, it was sold out :(. Soooooo the plan was to run the course on the outside just to get the race feel, to work both distance and speed, and to have the mile markers. But of course, Saturday we were blessed with snow; nothing crazy, just a couple of inches. However, the snow we did get caused the race to be untimed which didnt give me the motivation to go all the way there.I let my fear of wet sneakers, and being wet on the train and ferry stop me from going. I headed back to my warm bed! As the day went on I told myself to go run outside. I felt as if I let myself down, and didn't put 100%. I thought of all the people who made it to the race and ran through the weather. So finally I got up, put on a bunch of clothing, and a crazy looking hat and headed outside. I will admit, I am usually put together, but while running I think I always look like a crazy hot mess.
Me, my lovely shiny purple running jacket, and a strange winter hat I stole from my mom for Saturday's run. (I didn't think my earmuffs would cut it.)

I accomplished my 13.1 miles and even a tad more. I just kept giving myself pep talks to get through the weather. Its funny how nice cars are when they think your a nut for being outside running. I think from here on out its all about motivation and dedication. Pushing myself to run through the weather, really just put my mind in the right place. I think it will help prepare me for what I may face race day. I can't even imagine what race day will be like, and really prefer not to anticipate.

Now back to this weeks training. This week is really going to be a step forward for me, and may be the reason I felt it was so important to push through this back track week, despite the weather. My longest run has been 16 miles and this week is 18. In addition, on the rest of the days there is a mile added each day. Its hard enough for me to get up in the morning, now I have to aim to get up even earlier. I think this week was a turn for me mentally and I think I am even  more motivated. Here is a little motivation for you that I found on pinterest:


Marathon Training: Week 7 update;
Mon- 4 miles (6.98miles (56 min+ 15 min leg workout) )
Tues- 5 miles (3.75 - very icy conditions)
Wed- 4 miles  ( 4 miles- cant remember what exactly i did- and arms)
Thurs- cross train (abs/total body workout)
Fri- rest/3 miles (4 miles- 10 minute dance video)
Sat- (13.65 miles- 1:57:35)
Sun- (Did a leg workout while the boyfriend did an arm workout)

Marathon Training Week 8:
Mon- 5 miles (5.8 miles- 49:15 )
Tues- 8 miles (8.35 miles- 1:09:20)
Wed- 5 miles 
Thurs- cross train
Fri- 8 miles
Sat- 18 miles
Sun- rest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...