Thursday, March 15, 2012

Products I Love!

I am always looking for great products out of my normal go to's and usually find amazing things when I am least expecting. There are times I am looking for something specific and other times I randomly stumble upon something good. Most often I read about something, and then search and search for a good brand of the product. There have been several new finds and some go to products I have been waiting to share. Soooo here they are:


Tart cherry juice
After my laproscopic gallbladder surgery, I was so swollen I couldn't fit in my jeans for almost 2 weeks. I was about 4 inches swollen around my stomach. I was looking for anything to help reduce the swelling and it took almost 6 weeks or little more to get back to my normal size. During this time I discovered the joy of  tart cherry juice. Through reading several magazine articles I have been introduced to this great little helper, which was recommended to help with a flat belly.


Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate

Trader Joe's Tart Cherry Juice- Ready to Drink



I am sure many of you know, heard of or can imagine the toll running takes on your body, esepcially during any type of training. Day after day you run sometimes without complete recovery. In the past I suffered from runner's knee and more recently my hip has been hurting leading me to believe I had bursitis of the hip. This product really helps to reduce inflammation and help your joints, and muscles recover from vigorous activity. I believe it works, and that it is a contributor to reduced pain in my hips, and body post weight training and running.

I have used both the type that is already mixed and then the juice concentrate. I think both are helpful but the already mixed one seemed to alleviate my pain a little more and a little faster. For the price and convenience of purchasing I love trader joe's tart cherry juice. Its a tad pricey at 3.99 for 4 servings but not too bad for its amazing benefits.


A product that many great runners swear by and usually list as one of their must have products is compression socks. I have given reviews of my experience of their success. Well which ones do I use. My first pair were the recovery sock which I think are my favorite. And recently I puchased the ones below from running skirts. They both work. However I think the purple ones are little tighter around the calf giving good compression. I didn't like that there didn't seem like there was any compression in the foot portio,. I love the style of the ones from rs but I prefer my lovely pink ones from the recovery sock. I think they offer just enough compression on the foot and calf without feeling restrictive.


Pink Recovery Socks

Super Cute heart ones from Running Skirts



Belgian chocolate Little Bites
So as I am a sweets addict I am always looking for something yummy but somewhat healthy. Chocolate is one of my favorite things ever. And for a while now I have been on a mission to find the best chocolate. On one of my nvigations of whole foods I found this:

Petite chocolate. They are small but big enough to be satisfying! You get 5 pieces for only 120 calories and 9 grams of sugar. I think the fact that they are super sweet helps give a more satisfying chocolate taste. I really enjoyed them, I finiahed them some time ago and am itching to go to whole foods to pick up another box. They good as a treat as they are $5 for 3 servings. Sorry, but I ate them all before I could snap a picture of the actual chocolate :( .






So for something extremely yummy, but now so healthy that I was introduced to at my annual christmas dinner was trader joe's Cookie butter. O man this stuff is good. I literally eat it out the jar. It was a limited product but it was brought back because its delicious. It taste like cookies but its hard to explain the taste so if your near a trader joe's I reccomend picking some up.





And here is a sneak peek at some of my daily go to products!

Better 'n Peanut Butter
Almond breeze milk ( it comes in so many varieties, I stick to the plain unsweetened) 
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...