Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mary and the Gigantic Apple!!!

This morning, upon arriving at work, I went about my normal morning routine of bringing my lunch to the refrigerator and getting a cup of tea, to ward of the frostbite from the wonderful 13 degree weather. I stopped to talk to one of my team members, and what did I see.....A GIGANTIC APPLE. It so happened that I had an apple too...
My Organic apple next to the gigantic apple
My apple looks incredibly sad next to the the large, appetizing apple. It made me wish my apple would suddenly grow ( like James and the Giant Peach). I tend to be fascinated by items that are larger than normal, like campfire sized marshmallows. I bough campfire marshmallows around Christmas time and I couldnt stop eating them. After that, I vowed not to keep them in the house. Marshmallows just seem to bring me back to my peanut butter and fluff childhood days. I found a comparison on candy warehouse.



Morning Workout:

I will begin by saying about a month ago my car died, ( I had a daewoo, yes a Daewoo, and I will say I LOVED MY DAEWOO, for all you Daewoo haters) so when my alarm clock rang at 5am, instead of heading to the gym, I prepared for my morning outside run. I turned on the TV to check the weather, and in the corner of the screen it read 13 degrees. I took a closer look to make sure my eyes really saw 13, and at that moment I decided to switch my running day for a cross training day (See Marathon training week 5 below). Usually on cross training days, I put on Fit TV on demand and choose a workout from the many they have to offer. However, beginning Jan. 1, (I believe) fit tv on demand was cancelled......Whyyyyyyy??????  : ( So I quickly put together a workout to do before rushing out to work.

Today was my first full ab workout since having my gall bladder removed 6 weeks ago, whoo hoo and I think I feel the soreness already. In addition to a 30 Min. ab workout, I did an interval workout, this one lasted about 38 minutes:

Odd minutes: jog

Minute 2: Jumping Jacks                                    Minute 24:Jump squats
Minute 4: High Knees                                          Minute 26:  Mountain climbers
Minute 6: Butt Kicks                                            Minute 28: Jumps front and Back
Minute 8:  Single and double Skiers               Minute 30: Bunny Hops
Minute 10: Side Kicks                                          Minute 32: Side squats
Minute 12  Front Kicks                                        Minute 34: Jump Rope
Minute 14 & 16: Back Kicks                               Minute 36: Star Jumps             
Minute 18& 20 : Jump Kicks                              Minute 38: Burpees
Minute 22: Burpees                

7 Minute- Stretch                

Marathon Training Week 5:          
  
January 2- 8:

Mon- 4 Miles (7.5 miles)

Tues- 7 Miles (4.4 miles)

Wed- 4 Miles (cross train)

Thurs- Cross train (will do 4 miles)

Fri- 7 Miles

Sat- 14 Miles

Sun- Rest

(What I actually did)

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...