Monday, January 23, 2012

New Years Resolutions and Fitness!!!

Given we are still in January, many people are still pursuing their New Years Resolution. Personally, I do not make New years resolutions. I usually have goals to achieve by certain dates, let it be my birthday, a holiday, an age or the often the end of the year (rather than the beginning). However, as we all know one of the most common new year goals is to lose weight or get back in shape, or run a half marathon/marathon. My goal was to complete a marathon before 25, and I am on that road now. A fellow runner was planning her first marathon and said she was having people meet her along the way and possible run a mile or two with her to keep her going. So Given that I am petrified of what may occur during the marathon, I summoned a friend to run a mile with me, then I increased it to two and now I told her she can run three ( hahahaha sorry love). For both of my half marathons I used the eight week plan from Fitness Magazine. I remembered they also had a 5k plan. So given there are 7 weeks and 5 days till Marathon day, I figured it was time to post the plan. It is a 6 week plan, but it is always safe to counter in a couple extra days just to have a little bit of room just in case things come up. Hopefully this will inspire you to join my friend and make a goal of running a 5k. Choose the one that fits you below and have fun!!!! Remember it's really a mental battle, so stay in control!

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/running/training-schedules/run-first-5k/

Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...