Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What a workout HAHAHA?

Yesterday morning I set out for a 4 mile run which was suppose to include sprints, and what did it turn into... a 3.75 miles (to my surprise) of fake ice skating. I practically shimmied across every other street in order not fall on my face. The hardest thing about it was that the ground was wet from the overnight rain and it was still dark out. With my amazing night owl vision, I could not decipher what was ice and what was wet ground. At first, everything I thought was wet cement was ice so that didnt help at all. I should have known better when I walked outside and almost slipped down the stairs. The funny thing was it didn't seem that anyone else was having this problem but me. Maybe I missed their slides but they seem to be flying as I was prancing along, praying to God that I didn't fall, and thinking about all the outcomes if I did fall. 

Why Couldn't I move, swiftly like this person?  :(

My mind was just wandering. Then when I approached grass, I decided it would be safer to run on it. Now, I know grass is less stabilizing than tar but I didn't realize how much more you worked. I wasn't sure if I found it more difficult to run avoiding ice or concentrate on not falling on branches in the grass while keeping my balance. Next time I go for a short daytime run, I think I may attempt a trail run. So my question is how do runners get through the winter? What is used to run through the snow, or on ice? I heard of sneaker chains and such, but how does this all work when constantly transitioning between concrete and ice?

Thank goodness today was a successful run I did my 4.3 miles, including sprints (34:25) and it was in the 40's at 6am whoo hoo! I hope I don't experience that ice again in the coming weeks, lets hope its warm enough to melt the ice. Maybe I should hope for a car, so I can make it back to the gym and use the dreadmill.

A random note: I ran down the street and caught the bus by seconds. I found a seat and continued to look at my text messages while listening to my ipod, all of a sudden I started to smell this scent that made me nauseous. As I turned to my left, the lady next to me was eating an egg roll @ 7:40 AM huh??? There are certain things I can eat in the morning (but usually do a good job at avoiding, at least till the afternoon) that some people may be turned off by like cake, candy and ice cream, but a fried egg roll, yuckkk! What strange foods do you eat in the morning?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Feel free to comment below...